Provides temporary relief time for the regular or primary caregiver (spouse, child, relative) of an ill, frail, infirmed, functionally impaired older individual or dementia patient that requires constant in-home care.
The purpose of respite care is to:
- Prevent, delay or avoid premature or unnecessary institutionalization.
- Prevent elder abuse.
- Prevent or reduce physical and emotional stress on the family.
- Give the primary caregiver some much needed personal time away from home and the caregivers role.
- Prevent caregiver burnout.
- Give the caregiver an interval of rest from the burden of constant care.
Available in all counties:Oxford Healthcare
Gulfport Office 228-539-7916
Hattiesburg Office 601-906-7071