The Workforce Development department provides essential service for both business and job seekers.
- Free Job Postings
- A large pool of available and skilled workers
- Information about and referral to on-the-job training programs that reduce the cost of training new employees.
- Saves time and money by recruiting and screening new candidates for employment.
- Database of qualified workers
- Recruiting and screening of job candidates
- Internet access to post job listings and review resumes
- Proficiency testing for employees
- Private rooms for interviews
- On-the-job and customized training assistance
- Information on Work Opportunity Tax Credits (WOTC)
- Forms and guidance for filing a NAFTA or Trade Adjustment Assistance (TAA) petition
Job Seeker Services
- Provides easy access to many services in one convenient location
- Job center staff helps create or update resumes, conduct job searches, and prepare for job interviews
- Staff also provides job training information to become more competitive in the job market
- Access to fax machines, copiers and internet computers to help with job searches
Customers accessing services through WIN Job Centers participate in a progression of service levels: core, intensive, and training. Basic core services are available to everyone and must be utilized before customers are eligible to progress through the system. Available services include:
- Job search and placement assistance
- Internet access for job searches and resume posting
- Resume preparation software
- Access to office equipment: computer, fax machine, and copier
- Services for veterans
- Information on unemployment insurance benefits
- Information on assistance for laid-off workers
- Information on and referral to child care, transportation and other support services
- Referral to rehabilitation services
- Information and referral to training
- Access to free beginner classes
For more information, contact Marilyn Minor at (228) 868-2311 or email@example.com.
SMPDD/TDWDA is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services will be provide to those with disabilities upon request.